All grades are closed for the 21/22 school year.
There is incredible interest in Merit Academy, with waitlists already in place. Because of the high demand, it is important that families choice-in to Merit Academy because they embrace the classical, Core Knowledge, vision and model upon which Merit Academy is founded, not because they simply wish to choice-out of their current school. While we empathize with that plight, it is important that Merit Academy students and families understand and commit to the vision, mission, programs, and processes that so many of our community members desire.
The enrollment process for the 2021-2022 school year is outlined below:
1. Read the Parent/Student Handbook and review the Merit Academy website to ensure Merit Academy is the educational choice you desire for your child(ren).
2. Complete the Enrollment Form (below) as a declaration of commitment to register your child(ren) with Merit Academy.
3. Upon review of enrollment numbers, there may need to be a lottery if there are more enrolled students than there are seats for that particular grade.
4. Families will be contacted with an offer to register if a) their student was provided a seat within the lottery process or b) there was no lottery because there were more seats available than enrolled students.
5. Within 72 hours, parents/guardians will need to accept or decline the offer to attend Merit Academy. If there is no response within that timeframe, that seat will be given to the next student on the waitlist. If you accept the offer, you will be directed to the registration packet. Please print and complete the registration packet for each child. Also, it is important to complete the Family Economic form to qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch and fee waivers; please only complete one of these economic surveys per family (if you might qualify for fee waivers).
Because of the waitlists and speed at which seats fill, please submit your registration packet within a week of accepting the offer (see above paragraph). Failure to do so may result in a status call and reminder for registration. If you elect to withdraw your acceptance of offer, you forfeit your seat(s) for the 2021-2022 school year.
6. If your child is on an IEP, 504, ALP, or with ELL or Read interventions, we ask that you submit registration ASAP. It is imperative that our staff meet with your family to discuss your child's needs and what services we can provide your student.
Documents needed for registration:
* ENROLLMENT FORM (below)
* BIRTH CERTIFICATE
* CUSTODIAL/GUARDIANSHIP PAPERS (if applicable)
* REGISTRATION FORM (provided upon offer acceptance)
* IMMUNIZATION RECORDS OR WAIVER FORM
* SPECIAL NEEDS INTERVENTIONS/HISTORY
Please complete one form per household UNLESS parent/guardian or address differs among siblings.
If that is the case, please complete one form per student. Please complete only the fields that pertain to your family. For instance, if you have two children, only complete the information for Student 1 and Student 2. You do not need to complete fields for Students 3-5.
Please answer all applicable questions for each child you are enrolling.